Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
So you're telling me that the only color option Apple gave on launch day was the most popular?

3rd person in line:

Person "I want the gold iPhone 5s"
Apple employee "We don't have it"
Person "Can I get the White model"
Apple "We don't have it"
Apple "Would you like the Space Gray Model?"
Person "Do I have a choice?"
Apple "Yes, you can not buy a phone today"
Person "Fine, I will take Space Gray"
Apple "Awesome, this is a very popular model, everybody wants it"

made me lol.... literally.

negativepi

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the yellow 5C one of the first to be sold out online? Interesting that it's the least popular among 5Cs.

sofila

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
Ramtop Mountains
I'm sure they did not get that the gold version was so limited and people had to buy the space grey. lol

gold version was so limited because Apple based its numbers reading MacRumors forums, where a lot of trendy and fancy members bashed gold as a creepy, vulgar and very non-elegant choice.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

macred

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2013
LAX & beyond
When all they have to report is popular colors, you know these latest iPhone's are questionable "upgrades" LOL.

But the flip side of the story is it gives Apple room to look good if they get serious and create a stunning new iPhone 6.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Did they just not produce enough white and gold phones this time? If they were all produced equally and grey was most popular, it would be the one seeing constraints...

----------

Wait, 5% of male iPhone 5C customers chose the pink model?? Alrighty then

Whats your point? :)

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
Wait - People don't like to buy things in the color lemon? If Apple really need to make stuff in an unpopular color then bring back orange!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
When I went to my carrier on launch day to get the iPhone 5S they said that the only color they have left is the Silver one. I still don't have the model I want, Space Gray with 64GB. So much for Space Gray is most in stock.

Considering the 5C statistics I think it is quite sad how far gender stereotypes go. Oh and I'm wondering why there's no red iPhone 5C?

musser

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2004
colors

Sometimes... seriously. I've gotta chuckle at all of this. You're reporting the 'most popular COLORS?!' I feel a little sad for you. Nothin' else happening', huh?

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Girls really are crazy about pink!

Apparently seems so on the Guys side as well. Yet, I have not seen one guy carrying a pink 5c. Wonder how they pull these numbers as there are probably a lot of guys buying for their girl.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
A few years ago, Apple released some iPods that were really nice bright colors. I hope they do that next year with the iPhone. Those colors had to have been hand picked by Steve Jobs.

Cmdrx3

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2013
Wait - People don't like to buy things in the color lemon? If Apple really need to make stuff in an unpopular color then bring back orange!

I love orange, it's my favourite colour (mind you I don't know if I'd want a phone in it although the In-Win D frame PC case in orange looks pretty damn nice).

gold version was so limited because Apple based its numbers reading MacRumors forums, where a lot of trendy and fancy members bashed gold as a creepy, vulgar and very non-elegant choice.:rolleyes:

They were of course absolutely correct. It's cheap, chavvy, too try hard and just downright ugly and quite frankly the only person who should be seen with one is Vicky Pollard, space grey looks far nicer.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I know the camp is very small... but in person, the 5C in 'pink' looks decent. More of a lightish red really.

The yellow is more pastel than the other colors and I'm a bit surprised it didn't garner more votes/purchases.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
Also black. It would be nice if they had a black 5C.

A 5C with a white face would be a no-brainer for me. I have a white 4 and like the colour but I don't like the look of any of the 5Cs with the black face. Would happily snap up an all white example, or maybe even consider some of the other colours which I think would work well with the white face while they look pretty nasty with the black.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
I'm wondering why there's no red iPhone 5C?

Red is reserved for their PRODUCT RED products, which are primarily fundraising devices.

They probably wanted to get the phone launched before releasing a red one (which would probably be quite popular and would generate a lot of funding for RED).

Either that or they license it to certain products only.

rette

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
Like many have said 5S data is inaccurate. I think many more would have chosen the Gold model rather than the White.

My thoughts on the 5C, yellow was a bad choice for Apple to make. If they really wanted to sell more 5C's they should have went with basic Black. If not Black, Orange is a better choice than Yellow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.