Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
I heard that :apple: Apple is going to relase a Cheap iMac and a Retina iMac next year. (I think a Cheap iMac is a bad idea but a Retina iMac would be really awesome) Is it true? I really want an iMac with Retina Display. But what about price? Will it too expensive to buy? Is it worth it? Or will Apple really relase a cheap iMac and Retina iMac?

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Also will there a new design for iMac in 2014?

Yeah, same or less CPU and GPU power, but it will be even THINNER at least. You know, since all our desks are buckling under the weight of these monster computers. :eek:

eladnova

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, same or less CPU and GPU power, but it will be even THINNER at least. You know, since all our desks are buckling under the weight of these monster computers. :eek:

Lol. Yes it'll be called the iMac Air. It'll be a 27" ipad with a stand. :cool:

Ipadilac

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Minnesota
I personally am not sure why Apple feels the need to make a desktop computer really thin? I see it with handheld devices as it makes it more appealing to carry around. But a desktop?? it sits on my desk.. there is zero benefit to having a computer that is thin in my opinion.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if a retina imac does come out in 2014, but i think the thunderbolt display would be 4k before the imac does.

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
I wouldn't be surprised if a retina imac does come out in 2014, but i think the thunderbolt display would be 4k before the imac does.

I agree. I think we'll see a 4k ultra thin Apple Display to go with the Mac Pro well before a retina iMac. iMac with Retina is inevitable, but probably not for awhile yet.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2012
After buying my iMac... I thought to myself... "damn...why didn't i get this sooner?" .... i would rather enjoy my life sooner than wait and say "i want to wait until i get a 4k iMac or a 16k iMac"

Theres always another tomorrow after tomorrow...You're telling me you want to live tomorrow and not today? Not now?

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
Honestly, a 20" iMac that doubles as a tablet would be awesome................

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.