Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Both Apple Retail Stores and Apple resellers have begun receiving iPad Air stock to prepare for Friday's launch, reports 9to5Mac. Shipments have begun showing up at Apple Stores and third party locations such as Walmart.

According to the site, major Apple retail locations across the United States are getting more than 500 units of the iPad Air, suggesting that supplies of the tablet will be plentiful, as we initially reported earlier this week. International stores are also receiving decent quantities of the iPad Air.

ipadair3-800x299.jpg
We've heard similar from resellers of iPads internationally with some chains indicating that they will have a solid number of iPad Airs on tap for Friday. These stores say even more supply is promised for the next couple of weeks...
Due to seemingly adequate supplies of the iPad Air, Apple will reportedly accept requests for Personal Pickup, allowing prospective buyers to reserve an iPad Air online beginning at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and pick it up at an Apple Store later that same day, avoiding lines.

Online orders for the iPad Air will begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time in the United States, and at varying times in other countries. Apple retail locations will open at 8 AM local time in the U.S. and other countries in order to begin in-store sales. Third party outlets, such as Walmart, Best Buy, and Target, will also offer the iPad Air beginning on Friday.

Apple's iPad Air, which features a Retina display, an A7 processor, and an all new thin-and-light design, will be available in white/silver and black/space gray and begins at $499 for the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi only model with a $100 price increase for additional storage options up to 128 GB and an extra $129 for comparable cellular models.

Article Link: Apple Stores Receiving Large Quantities of iPad Air Stock Ahead of Friday's Launch

Shredliotti

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Don't have a local Apple by my school. Think Best Buy will allow you to order with in-store pickup at midnight?

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
More than ample supply at launch??? Go ahead Tim!!!! Way to earn those millions!!! :D

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Tim Cook master of supply chain management. :cool:
Screw all those guys who buy out all the stock and resell it for more. :D

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Very good! I guess it's because they didn't change the screen for the iPad Air, vs. the huge upgrade of the screen in iPad mini.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I'm still so dissapointed that Apple didn't do pre-orders this year. I don't like fighting through crowds at stores so I've always enjoyed having my iPhone or iPad delivered on launch day.

I still fully intend to order my iPad Air through Apple.com but this year I'll have to wait until next week to get it delivered. :(

First world problems indeed.

Edit: Just read about the personal pickup. Ok, I'll probably do this then.

Last edited:

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Since they both have the same performance, it all comes down to screen size. For me, the bigger screen was a quick decision. :)

"Borat: There lives Nursultan Tulyakbay. He's still *******. I get iPod, he only get iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls! " :D

BrockC

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Il
I wonder why they didn't offer it in the champagne color? Anyway i'm excited to pick up my space grey iPad!!

iPad Air

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
SC, USA
I don't think it would be prudent to arrive at BestBuy by 7:00 AM...what do y'all think?

There would be nothing prudent about that in my mind. Being that they open at 10:00am...Also, I don't think Best Buy is the place where everyone lines up to get an iPad. I would not enjoy watching an empty parking lot for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
Going to hit the AT&T Friday morning when they open at 8am. No Apple store in my town and I think I'm going to get it on Next in case next years model is significantly better.

mike457

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2010
Ontario
When I bought my iPad 3rd gen, I walked into the local Future Shop at 11:30AM on the first day, and they still had plenty.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Going to hit the AT&T Friday morning when they open at 8am. No Apple store in my town and I think I'm going to get it on Next in case next years model is significantly better.

Next year

A8
2gb ram
Touch ID
8MP iSight camera
Offered in gold

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
Don't have a local Apple by my school. Think Best Buy will allow you to order with in-store pickup at midnight?

I'm in the same situation, and Best Buy is pretty much my only hope of getting it on launch day. I saw some forum posts saying that some people were able to order an iPhone 5s online at 12:01 AM launch day from Best Buy and choose in store pick up. Not every best buy store allowed that though. I'm hoping my local store will do the same for the iPad Air.

Jolson247

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009

Last year for the iPad Mini launch Best Buy opened at 8AM for first-come/first-serve. I got mine that morning but there weren't many. I would assume they will do the same this year.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
There would be nothing prudent about that in my mind. Being that they open at 10:00am...Also, I don't think Best Buy is the place where everyone lines up to get an iPad. I would not enjoy watching an empty parking lot for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

Actually, they open at 8:00 AM. I went to BestBuy for the iPad 4 release, and also the iPhone 5S release. Both had lines. Both times good people were there to converse with. You sound rather stuck up for no particular reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.