Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenroberts83

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
If that's right, which I think is, Apple isn't doing any major updates. So your guess might be spot on, then I see no real reason (apart from 2gb) to wait.

- 2GB: We'll just have to see what advantages that might have. It's not like the previous iPads are terribly slow and keep crashing. (except my 1st gen hehe :p)
- Touch ID is not something I couldn't live without, so I think it's not worth the wait.
- An iPad isn't something to make great photos with, better use a good camera for that. + the 5MP is just fine if you'll ever use it.
- Gold is not my color, so nothing there. ^^

Basically it all boils down to this: next year's iPad will be faster. Amazingly, that's true every year. So people can wait until 2050 to buy an iPad Nano or whatever, or you can just buy one now and upgrade again whenever you feel the need.

I'm buying a 32gb 4G iPad Air. I wish it weren't so expensive, but it is what it is.

MacCurry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
I'm going to get mine from T-Mobile as they're offering 0% financing on the iPad Air and 200 MB of free data.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
LOL you guys are so desperate!

I need that iPad at midnight come on Walmart sell it to me, sell it to me, sell it to me -Chris rock voice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 68

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Basically it all boils down to this: next year's iPad will be faster. Amazingly, that's true every year. So people can wait until 2050 to buy an iPad Nano or whatever, or you can just buy one now and upgrade again whenever you feel the need.

I'm buying a 32gb 4G iPad Air. I wish it weren't so expensive, but it is what it is.

Yep, these updates are never that significant, but Apple and the hype around them make it seem so.

I might update my 1st gen as it's annoyingly slow and I can't instal many apps because they need iOS6+.
Not sure though, I don't use my iPad that often, so it's become more of a toy than necessity.

Sanz315

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Going to be soooooooo hard to decide between the Air and the Retina mini!

First world problems... :eek:

I know I have the 16GB iPad mini as well, don't know if I should get the Air for the bigger screen and the lightness or the mini with the retina screen. Weight was the biggest factor when I decided to get the mini. But know that isn't that big of an issue. Think ill have to compare them both in person and decide then.

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Umm, I'd say that 9 million iPhones sold in 3 days shows a very strong manufacturing muscle. I'm not sure what people expect from Apple. Apples supply chain and manufacturing ability is the envy of the entire world. No other company manufactures products at micron-level tolerances and quality at the scale that Apple does. They bring aerospace-grade manufacturing processes to products they manufacture at a rate of millions per day.

This is why we have so many leaks now. Because it is now necessary for Apple to begin production months and months earlier than ever before if they want to even come close to meeting demand. Anyone who thinks that supply-constraints are "intentional" simply has no clue. If Apple was artificially choking supply, they wouldn't begin mass production as early as they do these days.

You're right. I should have clarified that it was really some models of the 5s that had very strained supply (gold).

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
I don't think it would be prudent to arrive at BestBuy by 7:00 AM...what do y'all think?

I'll be there at 6:30am with Starbucks in hand in my car with the heat on. Once more than 10 people get in line,then I'll get out the car :)

The ONLY reason I'm buying at best buy is because of there awesome rewards points. Buying a iPad air and a retina mini both from BB is a lotta points :D

Sndman2004

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Wow! Cool... :apple:

Now that you have a picture and likely a subpoena-able IP address on this site and twitter, can (will??)Apple security come after you and seize or make you forfeit the iPad Air?? Maybe some lawyers on the site can provide inputs on what Apple could do legally here, if anything? :confused:

If be ok with that, I did NOTHING wrong so I'd get a refund AND an awesome story. Also I feel that a couple people getting them early is not on Apple's radar :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.