Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The third ad in Apple's print magazine campaign for the iPhone 5s has appeared on the back of this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, focusing on the 5s' camera improvements and True Tone flash. The ad once again depicts the gold iPhone 5s, this time from behind, and includes a paragraph that describes the advantages of the 5s' camera.

iphone5scameraadreal.jpg
A better photographer, built in. 

Instead of teaching people to take better photos, why not teach the camera? The new iSight camera's software makes dozens of smart decisions every time you click--from True Tone flash that analyzes and adapts to your lighting, to burst mode which takes multiple pictures and suggests the best ones.

The new iSight camera. Only in iPhone 5s.
The ad in our image depicts AT&T branding, but Apple's ads for iPhone have traditionally rotated between carriers, likely part of a co-marketing agreement between Apple and the carriers.

After the launch of Apple's new iPhones, the 5c received most of the advertising, likely because of the iPhone 5s' limited stock levels initially. Apple's advertising for the iPhone 5s has been gearing up over the past two weeks with new print and TV spots. The print ads do note that the phone has "limited availability".

Article Link: New Magazine Advertisement For iPhone 5s Appears, Highlights Camera and True Tone Flash

discuit

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2009
Same ad is on the back of last week's ESPN magazine, except Sprint branded.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Seems like MacRumors is posting a lot more minuscule facts recently.

Looks they want more page clicks.

I think these type of posts are disclosed, paid advertisements

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
This type of ad kinda reminds me of the 80's ad, showing gold color and simplicity.

anyway, good looking ad. loving the gold color.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
The new iSight Camera. Sometimes, even we admit that a flat-bed scanner would have been more useful.

MellowFuzz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
If Jony Ive's breaks wind will you make it front page news Mac Rumors?

And wasn't this story already reported on here, or are magazine adverts really that exciting?

I'll have you know Jony takes great pain to provide a truly considered fart - a fart that makes you think "but of course, why would it smell any other way?" and doesn't speak of the endless curries and beans that he, as a designer, went through. A fart that's magical and elevates his contents.

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
There really isn't much discernible difference (other than angle and subject matter) between an amateur and a pro if you're using a point and shoot with minimal settings. My favorite picture of me to this day was taken by a 6 year old with a 4s

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Instead of teaching people to take better photos, why not teach the camera?

Because that will contribute to raising a tech-dependant generation that has no idea how to make new tech?

kerbero9

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
I'll have you know Jony takes great pain to provide a truly considered fart - a fart that makes you think "but of course, why would it smell any other way?" and doesn't speak of the endless curries and beans that he, as a designer, went through. A fart that's magical and elevates his contents.

unapologetically foul smelling

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

hahah ROFL brilliant :D:D:D you can see him sitting on a high stool, white background, talking about farts.

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010

You sir, have a gift. I will now bid you good day.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Can anyone confirm or deny that due to this new warm flash system, anything white taken in load light with the flash does not come out white?

The system is geared to making to look nicer, warmer skin tones, so the white balance is off for anything else?

Is that true or not?

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Can anyone confirm or deny that due to this new warm flash system, anything white taken in load light with the flash does not come out white?

The system is geared to making to look nicer, warmer skin tones, so the white balance is off for anything else?

Is that true or not?

The flash should match the ambient conditions. If the camera sets the WB wrong, you can fix it later, and if the lighting is more consistent as compared to the old blue-ish flash, the whole picture look better.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
The photo makes it look like the metal and plastic on the back of the iPhone 5/S is seamless. Certainly isn't on my 5S and wasn't on my 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.