Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myshkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Not sure where I should post this but thought someone else with a new imac might of had same issue.
just got a 27" this week and just got around to installing windows 7 with bootcamp. When I first got the imac I installed maverick.
Everything installed fine but the magic mouse is acting crazy. It syncs and works but scrolling is so sensitive. When I am on lists that go up and down horizontal touches will scroll up and down as well. The slightest touch of the mouse causes scrolling no matter what direction I touch it. It is making it impossible to do the work I do on windows.
I have used this mouse with a 17" mbp and lion and never had a issue with this. Not sure if its maverick or some new bootcamp windows drivers.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know a fix?

myshkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
After some searching I have found how to turn off horizontal scrolling in os x but I haven't had luck finding something for windows. If anyway knows a way I would be very grateful. I am a bit desperate to get this fixed. It makes it impossible to do the type of work I am doing.

Its really not noticeable doing normal surfing and such in windows, but when you do anything that involves lists it becomes unbearable

myshkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
thought I would pass this along if anyone else runs into this issue. I found this on the apple forums.

To disable horizontal scrolling the following works. I am still trying to figure out how to overall lower the sensitivity, but this definitely helped

"I use MagicMouse on iMac with Windows 7 running (installed through BootCamp). Got sick of annoying horizontal scrolling. The solution described above has helped me to disable it. Here is what I've done in steps:
1) go to http://www.autohotkey.com/ and download an app (a script editor).
2) Install and run the program - please note that it will not open as it runs in the background
3) Rightclick on the desktop -> choose "New" -> "AutoHotkey Script" (a new script file will be created on the desktop) -> name it as you wish (e.g. "Mouse_HScroll")
4) Rightclick on the file you've just created and choose "Edit Script" from the menu.
5) Add these three lines below existing text in the file:
WheelLeft::return
WheelRight::return
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 5000
6) Save file
7) Run "Convert .ahk to .exe" program from the package installed earlier and browse the file you've just created, hit ">Convert<" -> .exe file should be created. Run this file -> the scrolling should be disabled now.
7) You may wish to move this file to Start/"Autorun" folder, so it would be launched automatically each time you reboot your Mac/PC."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.