Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
You know it wasn't that long ago (2010) when Apple introduced the first iPad and allowed for reservations for same day pick-up (9am on Saturday April 3rd). If Apple has 100 reservations and 150 iPad in stock, those 100 people will get theirs for sure and the other 50 will be first-come first-served.

When the first iPad was released my local Apple Store was letting people in 2-1 ratio. 2 people got in with reservation/pre-order and 1 person would go in from the walk-in line. I had a reservation and was out in 15 mins (from pic below, I was far back)

My image from Vintage Faire Mall (Modesto, Ca)

Image on Google

So? Do you think we will have to wait more days then friday?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
How can that work ? Apple has to process this, and than give you a date to pick it up. That very same day is suspicious at best, and to me highly unlikely.

Welcome to the 21st century.

On Monday Sept 23 I ordered an iphone 5s online for in-store pickup and had my "it's ready" soon thereafter. I went after work, two hours later, and picked it up.

No reason they can't do the same with an eight hour window. :cool:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Wait a minute folks. You think you can use the online Apple store to make the order at midnight California time, which is an Apple central point for everyone, and you can then drive over to the Apple store at 8 AM or so, and it will be there ? How can that work ? Apple has to process this, and than give you a date to pick it up. That very same day is suspicious at best, and to me highly unlikely.

Jet airplanes fly faster these days.
I'd recommend flying to Utah as the one our time difference means you will pick up your iPad Air 60 minutes ahead of all the fools in California.

When you do, please post here your successful results.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
So just to get this straight I can order my Air online on thursday at 12am then pick it up at 8am at my apple store without waiting in line and they will hold it for me not sell it to someone else?

I don't know about the 8am p/u time. I've read p/u will not be available until noon. Info is still sketchy. Could be we won't know for sure until ordering actually starts.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Nobody knows 100% for sure.

But, if you until REAL early Friday morning (not Thursday) - like 12:01 am, you can order it and they will either tell you it is available for Friday pickup, or they will say they are sold out.

Simple stuff.

As others have said above, this does work, even for NEW devices.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Welcome to the 21st century.

On Monday Sept 23 I ordered an iphone 5s online for in-store pickup and had my "it's ready" soon thereafter. I went after work, two hours later, and picked it up.

No reason they can't do the same with an eight hour window. :cool:

But not on the very first day for the iPhone 5S (20th Sept). The online in store pick up was not even shown on the first day, so I do think it will not show up at Midnight tonight either, and the OP wants to know about that. Just a guess so we shall see..

Did not start until the 23rd not on launch day. Read below link

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1643147/

Last edited:

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
But not on the very first day for the iPhone 5S (20th Sept). The online in store pick up was not even shown on the first day, so I do think it will not show up at Midnight tonight either, and the OP wants to know about that. Just a guess so we shall see..

Did not start until the 23rd not on launch day. Read below link

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1643147/

With Personal Pickup, prospective buyers can reserve an iPad Air online beginning at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time and pick it up at a nearby Apple retail location later that same day without waiting in line.

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/2...ful-at-launch-with-in-store-pickup-available/

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

First, I clearly stated that what I did was on the 23rd; my point was that they handled the online order within a couple hours, so they clearly could handle it within eight hours or so.

As for iPad Air launch day availability of in-store pickup, perhaps you missed this front page news:

iPad Air Supplies Expected to Be Plentiful at Launch With In-Store Pickup Available

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Wrong

You can do it. Trust me

My God do your homework :D

Do your own homework. Apple has NOT said you can do this. Other, THIRD-party sites have said you'll be able to.

Until 12:01am, I'm not betting my life on it. Is it likely? Yes. But that doesn't mean it's 100% guaranteed at this point.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
yeah- I just spoke with Apple again and they are being very vague and not really committing to the in store pick option. Typical Apple.

without store pick- the lines here in NYC can get insane.
I don't mind the line waiting as long as the item is reserved and will be available when I get to the front of the line. Would be a major bummer to wait how ever long it takes only to be told- "sorry- sold out".

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
i just spoke to my local apple store and they confirmed that you will be able to reserve for in store pickup on friday. they also said online orders start at 12:01 no matter what time zone you are in

everything you need to know was already posted

With Personal Pickup, prospective buyers can reserve an iPad Air online beginning at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time and pick it up at a nearby Apple retail location later that same day without waiting in line.

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/28/...kup-available/

TAI182

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Did they say anything about picking up in-store tomorrow?

Yes, that's what I meant. He said at 12:01 PST, they'll go up for sale, and in-store pickup for tomorrow will be an option. As long as there is stock in the store at the time that you buy online, you are guaranteed an iPad in-store on Friday.

TheOsteopath

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
Does anyone know if the order online at 12:01 on Friday and pick up in store is available in the UK?

Many thanks

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
i just spoke to my local apple store and they confirmed that you will be able to reserve for in store pickup on friday. they also said online orders start at 12:01 no matter what time zone you are in

everything you need to know was already posted

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/28/...kup-available/

That person was dead wrong. Its 3 AM Eastern Time here in Florida. Site still down until that time. Not 12:01 no matter what time zone you are in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 2.47.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 2.47.06 AM.png
    989.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I finished my order for pickup on the 64GB Space Gray Verizon model at the Apple Store. Fingers crossed I get a confirmation for pickup!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Just completed my order, pickup in store option was avaiable, I picked a store near my work, I got a message saying "we'll email you when your order is ready, items are usually ready for pickup within an hour of your order." Now waiting for the email! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.