Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redryder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
When I got my ipad 3 I bought a Smart Cover. A few months later the ipad was knocked off a table and a corner got dented. A few weeks after that the home button started giving problems but the warranty was voided because of the dent.

I'm still using that ipad3 but have since bought a sturdier but heavy cover. It seems like such a waste of the ipad air to get a heavy cover, but it seems almost a necessity.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'd get a smart case or one of the third party options. I wouldn't put a bulky case on any iDevice unless it had additional functionality, like a wallet.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

I'm not sure this is the thread you're talking about.
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 9.23.17 AM.png

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
I would buy the smart cover and then the lightest case to protect it. I have the iblason case for my mini and love it. I will probably do the same with the air.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Get a fully protective case that also allows easy removal of the device, like The Ridge by Devicewear. That way you have full protection but can pop out the iPad and use it bare when you are reading.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
definitely getting the leather $79 for the price i think its worth it.

a lot of third party making leather and they are far more expensive

musicjunky

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
I refuse to buy into this new premium Apple aesthetic. "Gold" iPhones and leather cases. They need to go back to the Palo Alto roots and stop being a fashion label.

Half in jest.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I already have 1 case, I expect my keyboard case to come later. I have a Speck Stylefolio, I'm surprised how tiny it looks compared to my iPad 2.

tmolloy

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
I already have 1 case, I expect my keyboard case to come later. I have a Speck Stylefolio, I'm surprised how tiny it looks compared to my iPad 2.

Do you know how much the iPad Air Stylefolio weighs? I can't find the data on specks website.

hobi316

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008

Where'd you pick up the new Stylefolio? That's the case I wanted and I need to get one tomorrow, I'm traveling on Saturday.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Where'd you pick up the new Stylefolio? That's the case I wanted and I need to get one tomorrow, I'm traveling on Saturday.

Ordered it online from Amazon.

----------

Do you know how much the iPad Air Stylefolio weighs? I can't find the data on specks website.

265 grams so a little over half a pound. The back is sturdy which probably contributes to the weight but I really wanted something until I can get a keyboard case.

karin037

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
I would also like to know how much the Stylefolio weighs. Does it have the magnetic sleep/wake?

hobi316

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
Ordered it online from Amazon.

yep, just stumbled upon this as well. but it would be $60 to get it to me in time, i think i'll just wait and see what the Apple Store has in stock tomorrow and smoething there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.