Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myibookg4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Okay, so I followed the advice of my buddies and downloaded the trial version of Pages '09 (even though I had already bought the full version) and then, using the glitch or whatever it was, "upgraded" to Pages 5.0. Stupid me.

I hate 5.0. The functionality is ridiculous.

Hence the problem. Now, when I try to go back to use Pages '09, I get the pop-up screen asking me to enter a key or upgrade. My question is, how do I get rid of this "trial" screen and use the version I already bought, i.e., good ol' functional Pages '09? I now have a folder in applications called "iWork '09" with the trial versions of Pages and Keynote that are useable (for now). However I never deleted Pages '09. Where did it go?

Can I now use the trial version indefinitely or will it stop working after 30 days? And will I have to live with this pop-up screen forever?

If I can get this to work I will be deleting Pages 5.0. Please don't try to convince me it is better. It is not.

Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.