Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yuck Mouth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
I just bought an ipad air. I also own a ipod touch and was wondering if i sync my ipad will it install the the ipad version of my apps or the iphone/touch version?

Thanks in advance!

Scuba-EMT

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Solomons Island, MD
It know you'll hate this answer, but it depends...there are apps that are universal (work on everything), some that are IPhone/IPod only (they run fine, but they are sized for the 5" display, although most will have 2x mode which makes them appear larger), and some are for the IPad only. When you look in ITunes, the apps tab will divide themselves into those groups. And to add to the confusion we will start seeing new programs and upgrades that are 64-bit that will use the A7 processor in the new IPad Air...

Yuck Mouth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
It know you'll hate this answer, but it depends...there are apps that are universal (work on everything), some that are IPhone/IPod only (they run fine, but they are sized for the 5" display, although most will have 2x mode which makes them appear larger), and some are for the IPad only. When you look in ITunes, the apps tab will divide themselves into those groups. And to add to the confusion we will start seeing new programs and upgrades that are 64-bit that will use the A7 processor in the new IPad Air...

Thanks for the quick reply!

Caithsith

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
I am in the same situation of you. Passed from an iPod to iPad. Some of my app was not for iPad but in the App Store I went to iPhone app and was able to install them anyway. They run ok but it really big since it for a smaller screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.