Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3TSURA

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
The new Tweetbot 3 app has been released and is in the App Store. It is available for $2.99, for a limited time, and is not a free upgrade for current tweetbot users.

screen568x568.jpeg

pasqualino

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
this app makes me want to start using twitter again. would love to see more screenshots from forum users.

csjo00

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Arkansas
Just bought it..

Looks good so far. Barely messing with it, I wish there was a way to decrease font size. You can only view about three tweets per screen. (Lots of scrolling, especially if you read everything and follow lots of people.) Also, lots of white. But iOS 7 has lots of white so I can't complain too much, but I wish there was a 'night mode' or a grey version.

Looks good other than that.. Glad I purchased it.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
It would be perfect if only you could view who faved tweets without going through favstar. That's the only thing that keeps be going back to the default twitter app. I think it's an API issue though.

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
It would be perfect if only you could view who faved tweets without going through favstar. That's the only thing that keeps be going back to the default twitter app. I think it's an API issue though.

You could always just set up an email alert from Twitter for that function. Not as nice as having all in app but it's an option.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I purchased it but deleted it from my iPhone after a few days.

The main reason is that there is just too much bright white, which I don't find pleasant for my eyes. I also don't like the round avatars.
For now I am using the old version of Tweetbot and also Tweetlogix. A dark theme is promised for an update of Tweetbot 3, I will try the app again then.

By the way, take a look at Tweetlogix in the appstore, this app has a really nice iOS 7 design, beautiful.

bluewomble88

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
Just bought this.

When replying to a tweet in landscape mode, the text you are typing is hidden off the top of the screen. You can pull it down but once you start typing again it disappears. Really, really annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.