Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewisweekly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2013
Cambridge area
Since I've started theming my ios 3 icons to look like ios 7 ones I have noticed strange black shadows/backgrounds on every 3rd party application that is installed. This kind of ruins the whole 'ios 7 feel' about my theme and removes the whole 'flat' feeling. I have read many threads about this including one on the MacRumors forum but had no success. I cannot find any the desired files in system/library/coreservices/springboard.app and had no success with the capital letters theory either. I was wondering if there was a way to move these 3rd party applications into the default apple 'section' or wherever they are stored. I have IFunBox installed as im not a huge fan of SSH clients and can clearly see the sections in which they are stored. If not does ANYBODY know of a way to solve my issues. Its really bugging me and I would be highly grateful.

-The image attached clearly shows my problems especially with the messenger app which is actually imessage.

-Regards Lewis W

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s29vo2g0m8l8tq/IMG_0016.PNG

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.