Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
So I got my iPad Air yesterday. Today I went to watch episodes of NCIS that I had put on the iPad. Won't play it and then the download from the cloud symbol appeared. Found that odd. Happened to every episode I had synced to it.

Plug into iTunes and it says I am overcapacity which I shouldn't be. I should have 6 GB free. Uncheck Sync TV shows and remove them. Then it returns to 6 GB free with 16 GB of other. I go to restore the iPad because I figured something wonky happened with the iCloud restore. This time I set it up as a new iPad. Again, sync apps, music, and the NCIS episodes I want put on the iPad. As it syncs, it says I will have 6 GB free with the appropriate amount of video, photo, music, etc showing. I leave it be. I came back home to it again showing overcapacity, remove TV Shows, and has the 16 GB of other taking up space.

What is going on?

EDIT: ok after the 2nd restore, I only synced music, apps, and photos to the iPad initially. That went fine. Then added the ncis episodes in a separate sync and went fine.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.