Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steddyworkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
I have an iPad 1 (running 5.1.1). I have a dock connector -> HDMI cord.

If it helps, here are the specs on the cord I'm using: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100470807@N06/9918602966/

I have gotten mirroring to work. Without resupported, I can get mirroring to work (a message pops up from displayout telling me that a display is connected, and it successfully mirrrors), but it only successfully works for 1:42. After that, it tells me that the display has been disconnected and THEN gives me the "This accessory not supported by iPad" message. So I know the cord I'm using is an older one that is no longer supported. Long story short, resupported 4+ will not work on my iPad 1 and the HDMI cord. It won't. And TVout 2 doesn't enable old cords. Leave that as a fact and move on, please.

My question is what can I do to mimick the function of Resupported? Clearly installing Resupported changes some setting or text in a file. Is there any way to manually replicate the function of Resupported in the filesystem, enabling the use of unsupported cords?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
And TVout 2 doesn't enable old cords.

1. Use DisplayOut instead - it does support all kinds of cords, incl. the composite / component ones. See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1589992/ for more info.

2. why bother with TV / DisplayOut, in the first place? It's VERY easy to make all A4-based iDevices mirror their screen over HDMI. See section "8. So, you Don't Want to Enable Native HDMI / VGA Screen Mirroring On Your A4 Device?" in my-linked above tutorial.

Steddyworkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
1. Use DisplayOut instead - it does support all kinds of cords, incl. the composite / component ones. See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1589992/ for more info.

2. why bother with TV / DisplayOut, in the first place? It's VERY easy to make all A4-based iDevices mirror their screen over HDMI. See section "8. So, you Don't Want to Enable Native HDMI / VGA Screen Mirroring On Your A4 Device?" in my-linked above tutorial.

I've used display out. It seems you once again missed my point. I'm not having trouble getting it to mirror. I've done that a long time ago. The problem is with the cord I'm using. WHY, tell me WHY I would post a thread about ways to mimick the function of RESUPPORTED 4+ when the real question is how to mirror? I clearly stated that I already have mirroring working.

Last edited:

zsqduke

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
hi I have the exact same problem with my hdmi cable. it connects for 1 minute or so and then says 'device not supported'.

When i install resupported 4.0+, it get even worse. nothing happens when I plug in hdmi, not even for a short minute like it did before i install resupported.

I want a solution very badly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.