Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I have a USB iPhone speaker that I would like to use wirelessly over bluetooth. I know something like the little Belkin Bluetooth Receiver will work (although it's AUX) but I'm wondering if there may be some USB Bluetooth receiver that would convert the speakers. I'm assuming the cheap bluetooth USB adapters they make for PCs won't work since those probably require drivers. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have a USB iPhone speaker that I would like to use wirelessly over bluetooth. I know something like the little Belkin Bluetooth Receiver will work (although it's AUX) but I'm wondering if there may be some USB Bluetooth receiver that would convert the speakers. I'm assuming the cheap bluetooth USB adapters they make for PCs won't work since those probably require drivers. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do the speakers have a conventional analog input? Or fiber? If so buy and Apple Airport Express and then access them via WiFi. All Apple products can send the music via WiFi to Airplay type devices, the Airport Express also has USB but I'm pretty sure that it only works for printers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.