Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tninos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I'm having a HUGE problem here, I updated to IOS7, and updated all my apps on WiFi. I got a call today from my cell phone company saying I used 5 gigs of data so far, and im only 3 days into my cycle. I look up to see what going on, lo-and-behold, viber has used 4.7 GB of data in 3 days! How is this even possible? I have no video messages or picture messages, and have been using the app for months without problem. Is there anyone else seeing this issue or a possible fix?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi !
This is a member of the Viber Team.

Thanks for the report of the problem and the information.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the approapriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Viber Team

Last edited:

huythanhv2

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2010
I am experiencing the same issue! Has this issue been resolved?

iOS 7 iPhone 5S latest Viber

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I am experiencing the same issue! Has this issue been resolved?

iOS 7 iPhone 5S latest Viber

Hi,
This is a very rare issue, and we're working hard in our labs to try and replicate it in one of our iOS7 devices, but still haven't gotten to the bottom of this issue.

Please contact us via email at logs@viber.com, and explain the problem. One of our representatives will guide you through some tests and hopefully find a solution to the problem.

Thank you in advance, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience :)

alextron

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2013
Same issue

I am also having the exact same problem! I'm burning through data like CRAZY, and I havent changed my usage habits at all. I just sent them an email regarding this, and will await their reply. Will post if I hear anything else.

mari1123

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
Hi, I am having the exact same issue (Iphone 5 - IOS 7.0.3). Viber used 1GB in 5 days! I emailed the support team and am waiting for their reply.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi, I am having the exact same issue (Iphone 5 - IOS 7.0.3). Viber used 1GB in 5 days! I emailed the support team and am waiting for their reply.

We have found the source of the problem, and it should be fixed in our upcoming update. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we'd appreciate if you could get back to us after installing our next update and report whether or not the problem has been fixed :)

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.