Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
I sold my ATV2 on Ebay last week (ridiculous price BTW), and I need a new one. With recent announcement made by Apple, do you think an ATV refresh could happen without a lot of hoopla? Do you think a refresh will happen within the next 3 months or so?

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
I sold my ATV2 on Ebay last week (ridiculous price BTW), and I need a new one. With recent announcement made by Apple, do you think an ATV refresh could happen without a lot of hoopla? Do you think a refresh will happen within the next 3 months or so?

Unlikely, but could happen. Anyway if you sold your ATV2 for loads of conga you could buy an ATV3 now and one after the refresh.

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
Unlikely, but could happen. Anyway if you sold your ATV2 for loads of conga you could buy an ATV3 now and one after the refresh.

I was think as well. If I buy now for $99, then a new one is announced, it'll still be $99 I assume, so I could just give mine to a family member and deal with it.

It wasn't loads btw - but it was $250.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Save $25 and but it refurbished from Apple. That's what I did after selling my jail broken ATV 2 about a month ago. The refurbs come with the same 1 year warranty as new, so it's a no brainer. The only downside is that it took a week to ship to me rather than running out to the Apple store for instant gratification.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Save $25 and but it refurbished from Apple. That's what I did after selling my jail broken ATV 2 about a month ago. The refurbs come with the same 1 year warranty as new, so it's a no brainer. The only downside is that it took a week to ship to me rather than running out to the Apple store for instant gratification.

I agree. Although I had to wait a week when the ATV came I could not even tell the difference that it was a refub.

anilpunjabi

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2013

Probably not

AaronM5670

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2012
Norwich, UK

I tried to get a refurb ATV3 today but I didn't see any. :(

Hopefully some more show up soon; I saw one for £75 on there a couple of weeks ago. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.