Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iosdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Okay, I set my iPhone down while I went to go take a shower, and when I returned the screen was black and it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into my pc and windows did not recognize it... Still black. So I thought maybe the cord isn't working, so I got my wall charger and plug my iPod it, sure enough it worked. So I put my iPhone in the wall plug and it didn't turn on!!! It was like at 40% when I took a shower and I have no clue what happened! I need my phone by tomorrow please help me, I will love you for life!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
so was the phone turned on, but just not responding or was it actually turned off? i would try a hard reset to see if that helps first, then if not, followed by a restore. your battery calibration may be messed up.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Any Smartphone, if subject to steam from the shower, can fail.

It doesn't have to come in contact with water. Steam also causes the sensor tape to discolor just like it was submerged in water.

Best practice is keep a phone out of the bathroom. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Any Smartphone, if subject to steam from the shower, can fail.

It doesn't have to come in contact with water. Steam also causes the sensor tape to discolor just like it was submerged in water.

Best practice is keep a phone out of the bathroom. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

i read the initial post as he left the phone out of the bathroom and then came back to it. his wording made it sound like it wasnt in the bathroom with him hence the "I went to go take a shower, and when I returned". so i dont think the steam triggered a short in this case.

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
Never take a gadget in the bathroom with you when you're showering, my iPod touch 1st gen learned that the hard way D:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.