Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Is this the 'hip' and 'cool' thing to do these days on message boards? Come onto a board when something new gets released and complain without actually explaining anything? And then when people react negatively, cry that you're not allowed to express your opinion?

If so, well done OP.

jorgport

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2012
Porto, Portugal
Let's be serious...

Problem is people don't like criticism on this forum of any IOS device.

If I felt the new Ipad was good I would say, if people think it's bad they should it's a public forum for giving that opinion on.

Criticism is criticism and it will always be welcomed. But, for God's sake!, nonsense is something radically different...

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Is this the 'hip' and 'cool' thing to do these days on message boards? Come onto a board when something new gets released and complain without actually explaining anything? And then when people react negatively, cry that you're not allowed to express your opinion?

If so, well done OP.

Unfortunately its a growing hobby.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
The op is being ridiculous. I have and air and love the quality of it.

Same here. I have many Apple devices and the Air feels as quality as anything else. The inky redesign I'd like to see is the elimination if the home button and make the home button software based (like droid). That my only gripe with the Air is that you have to press a physical button to return home or activate it. I could see the next device having the home button and an option to wake it up just by touching the screen. I'm not sure the TouchID feature is needed fir a tablet. Still, I love my Air and I think it's the best full sized tablet out now.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Same here. I have many Apple devices and the Air feels as quality as anything else. The inky redesign I'd like to see is the elimination if the home button and make the home button software based (like droid).

I had a think about this. I initially thought that there's no way they'll drop the home button, because that's the interface for Touch ID, which I suspect will come to the iPad at some point. Then I realised that Touch ID is entirely software based and you're not actually pressing the home button. There's no reason why they couldn't drop the button and instead have a metal ring that held a Touch ID sensor but without a physical home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.