Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

postpc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Germany
Not sure what they did, but lately I've been having lots of issues with the NFL Gamepass app on my ipad 4. I was thinking to buy an Apple TV to watch games via Gamepass and also NHL Gamecenter, but are the Apple TV apps the same you get on the ipad?

Beezer70

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2013
GA, USA
There is no NFL app on Apple TV (not yet anyway). You could get one and use Airplay on your iPad to watch the games on your TV, but if the iPad app isn't working right, an Apple TV wont resolve that issue.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
Not sure what they did, but lately I've been having lots of issues with the NFL Gamepass app on my ipad 4. I was thinking to buy an Apple TV to watch games via Gamepass and also NHL Gamecenter, but are the Apple TV apps the same you get on the ipad?

watched all 7 hours of redzone yesterday with only a couple hiccups that were a few seconds.

postpc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Germany
watched all 7 hours of redzone yesterday with only a couple hiccups that were a few seconds.

Not sure what it is, but works just fine on my (Windows) laptop so its not a connection issue. There's a few reviews on the app store complaining about the same thing, i.e. choppy playback and no picture at all sometimes. NHL gamecenter works flawless also.
Where you from if I might ask?

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
Not sure what it is, but works just fine on my (Windows) laptop so its not a connection issue. There's a few reviews on the app store complaining about the same thing, i.e. choppy playback and no picture at all sometimes. NHL gamecenter works flawless also.

canada using unblock us for blackouts

SHAL0MINTHEH0ME

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013

I've been experiencing the same thing on my iPad 2. My laptop works fine from the same spot. I had chalked it up to my laptop having better wireless receiption than the iPad, but I didn't have this issue earlier this season.

London.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.