Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zBernie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
I have a locked Verizon iPhone 4s. I spoke to someone at Straight Talk regarding using an UNLOCKED iPhone 4s on their network, and they said that iPhones from other carriers will not work on their network.

Has anyone had any success using an iPhone with the Straight Talk network?

I would very much like their $45/month plan!

aross8907

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
Me too!

I'm in the same boat. Verizon 4s running out of contract in a few weeks.

I'm so interested, I registered an account after YEARS of passively reading MacRumors!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
First u said u have a locked Verizon then u said u have an unlocked phone. Which is it?

If ST is a Verizon MVNO the a locked Verizon phone will work. MVNO = reseller. ST doesn't own or maintain any cellular infrastructure.

tbeast

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
Any more on this thread? We're also trying to figure out what to do with a Verizon 4S that is now off-contract. If we can't remove the lock, the maybe ST would be an option. I couldn't tell from their web page. But, it does look like they use Verizon lines.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Any more on this thread? We're also trying to figure out what to do with a Verizon 4S that is now off-contract. If we can't remove the lock, the maybe ST would be an option. I couldn't tell from their web page. But, it does look like they use Verizon lines.

You give no indication why you want to leave Verizon and I am not about to give you the full interview, but THIS is a dedicated Straight Talk Site.

go at it.

tbeast

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
Okay, sorry if I'm off-topic. I saw some other posts similar to mine in this thread. The problem, for my wife and I, is that we have two iPhone 4s purchased two years ago when released and through Verizon. At $180/month, now that the contract is fulfilled, we'd like to reduce the monthly cost. The phone is fine, so we'd like to keep using the 4S, but we don't want to pay so much monthly. If we can simply take the phones and use them on the ST network, then that would be ideal. As I read the ST web-site, they do support Verizon CDMA, and that would suggest that this should be possible. But, there are also many thread suggesting that this is not possible. So, the simple question is whether we can take our Verizon two-year old 4S iphones and use them on ST.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.