Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magilla1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Ive not given tmobile a credit card or anything past my name and address. So my question is when my new iPad goes over the 200mb of data? Do they try to bill me? Or do they cut off my account? I'm just wondering if I need to monitor my data usage?

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
From what I gather, once your 200mb limit is reached you'll be prompted to purchase more data at that time for 1 day or 1 week. I'm sure it'll kick you to billing a that point. I think 1 day was $5 for 100mb or 200mb, not sure and 1 week was $10 for a Gig.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
$1/kb, charged directly to your card.

j/k.

Why would you not ask t-Mobile what they intend to do with your card before giving to them?

enjoimorenow

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
once your limit is reached, your data will be cut off. They will prompt you and give you the option to purchase additional data at that point. If you decide not to, you will have to wait until the next billing cycle to use data again. Of course you will still have the option to purchase additional data at any time until the next billing cycle as well.

$1/kb, charged directly to your card.

j/k.

Why would you not ask t-Mobile what they intend to do with your card before giving to them?

Did you even read his post?

Not once did he ask "what is TMO going to do with my credit card before I give it to them"

He said, I didn't give tmo my CC, what happens when I run out of data....

magilla1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
From what I gather, once your 200mb limit is reached you'll be prompted to purchase more data at that time for 1 day or 1 week. I'm sure it'll kick you to billing a that point. I think 1 day was $5 for 100mb or 200mb, not sure and 1 week was $10 for a Gig.

Ive got an ATT sim I can use at that point, since they've already got all my info and devices.

I'm just using tmobile for their free data :)

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I can't be sure what their policy on the new 200mb deal is as its so new but the typical way T-mo handles data overage is throttling data speed. None of their current plans charge overages.

protoxx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2013
When you use up the 200m of free data it will stop and give you a nag(offer) of the chance to buy data. (day/weekmonthly pass)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.