Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes.jpg
Apple today released iTunes 11.1.3, two weeks after iTunes 11.1.2 and OS X Mavericks were first released.

The update fixes issues with the equalizer and performance when switching views in large libraries.
iTunes 11.1.3

This version of iTunes resolves an issue where the equalizer may not work as expected and improves performance when switching views in large iTunes libraries. This update also includes additional minor bug fixes.

Note: If you are using OS X Mavericks, your book library can now be found in iBooks for Mac.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
iTunes 11.1.3 is a free download through the software update mechanism of the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.1.3 With Equalizer and Performance Improvements.

koppie644

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today released iTunes 11.1.3, two weeks after iTunes 11.1.2 and OS X Mavericks were first released.

The update fixes issues with the equalizer and performance when switching views in large libraries.
iTunes 11.1.3 is a free download through the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.1.3 With Equalizer and Performance Improvements.

Good news for iBook users!

Reactions: TyreneJones491

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I wonder if this fixes the hanging 'finishing sync' issues that have come up across various iPhones when syncing data..

BL.

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
Do the performance enhancements work on Windows? Ah, who am I kidding, of course they don't!

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
Bring back "play all" from a genre on the iOS version of iTunes.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Nice to see Apple scrambling to fix minor issues like the Equalizer in iTunes or crappifying the Remote app for iPhone. Sure wish they would spend some time fixing iOS 7's problems. Like the Music app corrupting music on the iPhone, or syncing troubles with Mavericks, or the broken Mail app on iPhone & Mavericks. :rolleyes: Are they seriously trying to level the playing field and bring their hardware & software to Microsoft standards? It sure feels like it lately. :mad:@:apple:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I wonder if this fixes the hanging 'finishing sync' issues that have come up across various iPhones when syncing data..

BL.

I installed it and went to test it (as I had this issue), and when it got about 75% done the iTunes App CRASHED.

Ugh, Apple....

Tomo2

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
I wish they would update the icon to match the iBooks icon. It looks too glossy.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I can't confirm it fixes the sync issue, but can say that I have tried it several times and it has not hung as of yet.

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
I had really hoped the Cocoa rewrite would have brought speed and a new elegant UI. When it used to be just for songs, it was amazing. These days it's just a mess. iTunes is a pig and has outlived its usefulness for media management. Apple, please gut it an start over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.