Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I'm experiencing this weird behaviour from this forum, since about a month ago:

I'll be on the page before the last page in a thread, click to go to the last page - but then all that happens is that the page I'm on reloads and I get sent to the top post. It seems the last page doesn't exist even though there's a link to it.

It's pretty annoying as I often begin reading a few posts and finally realise what's happen only when I've reached the middle of the page (because I have a limp brain though lol). It happens on the mobile version too.

At first I thought it was because someone had was editing the post that had just created the last page or something, or because the first post on the last page had just been deleted. But given how often this happens to me (probably 30% of the time when I click to go to the last page) I guess that is not very likely.

What's up with this?

(Sorry if there's a thread for this already, I tried to find one.)

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
It's a known bug that has been around for a long time.

Ah sorry, didn't search well enough apparently.

Strange though that it hadn't happened to me one single time in over a year and then suddenly started happening all the time, one month ago.

I don't know the first thing about website design tho so I'll just leave it at that. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.