Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
that's no good.
the great thing about Apple was that they were focused on quality not quantity.you can't have both.if they do that,then there's no difference between Apple products and others who make 10 versions of phones every year spamming the market.:mad:

staveb

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
I like to update my iPhone every two years. Anything more than that doesn't really feel necessary. Anyone else with me?

JeffiJers

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
U.S.
Part of the reason I have an iPhone is Bc it's value and there is not a new flavor every week. See ya later iphone.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
worry about the inventory

iPhone 5S still shipping in 2 to 3 weeks.

iPad mini - may not enough stock for Holiday period (thanksgiving to Christmas)

They should go back to - march iPad cycle and June/july iPhone cycle.

wiz329

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
She suggests that Apple could, for example, expand the usage of Touch ID in the future, setting the stage for new services revenue streams

What revenue generating services? I'd much rather keep touchID services free...

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
highly doubt this anal BS.

and I am hoping the iPhone 6 is substantially different than both of the current models.

Daalseth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Another Analyst

Another analyst trying to push the stock:

Predicts multiple refreshes per year
Doesn't happen
Stock drops because of Apple's "failure"
Analyst picks up stock cheap
Stock rebounds
Analyst reaps a big windfall
SEC does nothing

Seen it all a hundred times before

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
hi i am analyst

i predict there will be more than one refreshed iOS device next year, it's going to be HUGE

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
I hate this idea. I'd rather have them take their time and release good products. I'd have to have a 5s and then see one with an A8X or something in 3 months. I fully expect the iPhone 6 in June and then probably a 6s next fall. I'm OK with that cycle.

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
They did this with the iPod line. When they release the mini (or nano?), it gave them opportunity to stagger the product release. So the iPod was refreshed in around Sept/Oct and the mini was refreshed Jan/Feb.

If a staggered product refresh strategy is true for iPhone, it'll give them opportunity to quickly release new technology to their non-flagship products before a competing solution comes out from other companies. This is driven by the slowing growth of the high-end market, and the more rapid growth of the mid-market.

For example, if the iPhone 5S (flagship product) comes out with fingerprint tech, you'll have to wait full year before the 5C (say, mid-market) has the same feature. By that time, they risk that competitors may have similar solutions in the mid-market. By staggering, they can release the new technology on the 5S and production has smoothed out, they can quickly introduce it into other products 4-6 months later.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Does that mean older iPhone will get obsolete faster than ever before? Meaning people need buy iPhone more frequently? Good luck with that Apple fans...

The phone will be as new as always.

If you can't live without the latest and greatest then throw your money at Apple.

----------

I find it funny that a lot of people here would get a seizure if they found out that Apple releases an iPhone earlier than expected.

AppleMark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The CCTV Capital of the World
You do know you don't have to buy every iPhone every year, right?

Correct, he does not have to buy every year.

I have a 4S and waiting for the 6, or later if the 6 is as unappealing to me as the 5S and 5C...

But the point is, that if there are more releases then the quicker previous Generation phones will be made obsolete / unsupported / poorly supported.

I cannot go into an Apple store and buy a case for my perfectly working 4S. Now if the release rate time frame between the 4S and the 5S was doubled, this is where I see the issues.

But I am hoping it is not just simple greed and they will instead insert new form factors into the cycle like a larger iPhone (and no I do not want one..) etc.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
I wish MacRumors kept analyst accuracy statistics and posted them whenever an analyst says something.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Does that mean older iPhone will get obsolete faster than ever before? Meaning people need buy iPhone more frequently? Good luck with that Apple fans...

No, it means there will be a smaller C model (the budget version...iPhone mini if you will) and a full sized flagship phone, which will probably get bigger (and maybe pricier).

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2013
Hyrule
You mean.. fans actually have to choose a model?! And not just be able to buy the newest every year? :confused:

You have a good point. I think it's better to spread it out like before. When the updates are kinda infrequent, it's easy for fans to buy one every year, but when updates are too frequent, people give up up them. If this is true, Tim Cook is learning bad lessons from the scum of HTC.

----------

I predict:

iPhone 6 Pro
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Air

Analyst Timmy

Ha, if this happens, goodbye 100% of my AAPL stock.

Sofabutt

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
No duh! Two iPhone models will be at least two of the refreshes. And she's not much of an analyst if she is seriously suggesting that Apple and it's suppliers can keep up with much more than that...

mejsric

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2013
We are not rich compare to fAndroids who is buying phones every month. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.