Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicktaylor1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem but I have happily been using TuneIn Radio Pro for 3 years now without any issues and having just upgraded to a 4g Touch a few weeks back, I reinstalled TuneIn but have found that when I now try to record archived material (not podcasts, which are OK), but material from the BBC (perhaps coming through their iPlayer Radio service), it plays and 'appears' to be recording OK, but when I come to play it back, it just skips through the playback at 10-20 times normal speed (without playing a sound) even though the counter looks like it has the entire recording.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and do you know if any fixes on the way?

Thanks!
Nick

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Contact the developer for support.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem but I have happily been using TuneIn Radio Pro for 3 years now without any issues and having just upgraded to a 4g Touch a few weeks back, I reinstalled TuneIn but have found that when I now try to record archived material (not podcasts, which are OK), but material from the BBC (perhaps coming through their iPlayer Radio service), it plays and 'appears' to be recording OK, but when I come to play it back, it just skips through the playback at 10-20 times normal speed (without playing a sound) even though the counter looks like it has the entire recording.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and do you know if any fixes on the way?

Thanks!
Nick

colinmasterson

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
Tunein Developer has not come up with solution

Contact the developer for support.

Hi there,

I have had exactly the same problem and have reported it to Tunein but after several emails they have not come up with a solution and have just said they will refer it to their development team.

I also have been using Tunein for 2 or 3 years with, no problems until recently, mainly to record BBC radio 4 and radio 4 extra progams. It is fine recording live streaming and podcasts are OK but the problem occurs when recording programs broadcast in the last 7 days which are available for streaming during that period and which are found using the Tunein browse feature.

I have tried resetting back to factory spec on the iPod touch and reloaded the Tunein program, but this makes no difference. Strangely, although it says all data, downloaded programs and settings are eliminated when resetting, my Tunein favourites reappeared, so not everything is reset

Cannot think of anything else to try – help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.