Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Upgrading from an iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5s today!! What to expect?

The 4-phases.

1. Super-high expectations. A shot to the front cortex. Better than sex. Wow, NEW, FAST, shinny!

2. THEN you notice the little .2mm scratch, and the haze on the camera lens? then you explode and post your first rant.

3. Members tell you this is normal and/or live with it. You start looking at the other side of the fence, like should I get an Android instead?

4. Have settled, now you dream about the iPhone6.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Things I discovered:
-Battery: my battery was conking out. It just seems the battery is better even with the bigger screen
-Bigger screen: speaking of which, it's an adjustment getting used to it. For my smaller hand, I feel the difference. Thankfully, it's taller and not wider. I don't look forward to the super sizing of the phone.
-Speed: oh hi A7 chip!
-64 GB: okay, maybe you won't get this size, but it's great for me. I've had to limit what I could put on the phone before.
-Camera: such a great camera and burst mode is great. The dual flash is nice. Slow motion hasn't really gotten a workout, but it'll come in handy.
-Touch sensor: it's a little picky and doesn't like a dry (e.g. frequent handwashing) or wet finger. When it works, you understand why samsung et al are seemingly gimmicky when it comes to their phones. I used a 5 digit pass code before and this is that much better.
-Siri: I use it to compose text messages when I'm driving (hands free laws). I need to learn to insert punctuation.

This isn't everything, but this is what I dug on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.