Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
I dont understand how people take amazing pictures with the 5/5s

if they take a selfie, it doesnt get flipped, its perfect and so crisp and clear.

same with the back camera

am i missing something? if i use the front camera, the picture flips when its saved and its not even clear or crispy. no detail.

i have a 5 BTW

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
I dont understand how people take amazing pictures with the 5/5s

if they take a selfie, it doesnt get flipped, its perfect and so crisp and clear.

same with the back camera

am i missing something? if i use the front camera, the picture flips when its saved and its not even clear or crispy. no detail.

i have a 5 BTW

Clean the lens cover. I have held a lot of phones from other people and somehow the first thing i always notice is a downright DIRTY lens. I always keep the lens on my 5S clean, even a small smudge annoys me. I guess about almost half the time its all due to a blurry, smudged lens.

Of course, you have to make sure ur subject is focused. And yes, don't expect high quality pictures in low light. Pictures will turn out grainy, not as sharp as in good lighting .

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Don't forget to hold your camera/phone very still all taking a photograph. Don't tap the screen or the shutter button too hard to shake the camera. One really easy way to take a good hands free photo is to use the headphones and the volume button on the right side headphone earpiece will work as a shutter release. Before you button on the headphones works very well as a cable release. There is no camera shake it all whatsoever and you can hold the phone very low angles and release the shutter via the volume button.

As far as Focus, I agree with the above post. You can also hold your finger on the screen for two seconds and that will generate an autofocus/EV lock. EV stands for exposure value. That technique works really well whenever you want to keep the exposure on a certain subject and recompose the camera and not have it exposure or focus on another subject. Having HDR turned on helps a lot with blown highlights. Maybe you should post a couple of examples so we can better determine if it's a camera issue, a dirty lands, or just bad technique. Hope this helps

T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.