Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
The first survey was all political, ughhhh I am disgusted by our political system. How often do get surveys?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
The first survey was all political, ughhhh I am disgusted by our political system. How often do get surveys?

I have averaged 1 per day so far. My first one was political as well, but the one I got today was questions from all over the place (ranging from greenhouse gases, electric vehicle use, the US response in Libya and what State I live in). I can only assume that Google is attempting to narrow down what topics you know about, how you lean politically, are you a 'green' person, what kind of electronics you use, and so forth.

Supposedly, the surveys will get more in line with your personal viewpoints the more you take. I believe this is Google's way of getting Google Now to become more 'self-aware' to each users needs. Sky-Net here I come. :D

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Did you get a credit most of the days? The first survey wasnt long and tedious at all, hopefully they are all like that

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Did you get a credit most of the days? The first survey wasnt long and tedious at all, hopefully they are all like that

I have averaged between 75 cents and a dollar per survey (I've only had 3 though). None have taken more than 5 minutes of my time. Although I have seen posts on G+ of people getting as much as $5 for their surveys. I would hazard to guess those probably take more than 5 minutes. But I haven't gotten one of those yet.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
App keeps crashing when I hit start.

If you haven't received a survey from Google yet (indicated by an icon in your status bar), then there is nothing to activate. Once you get your first survey, then you should have an account and clicking on the app icon should work. I say should, because when I tryied to click on it before I got a survey it force closed as well. After my first survey, I have had no issues.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Installed it too. Got my first real survey today. Political one was a test to get you familiar with the system. New survey was very brief 9 questions and took less than 5 minutes. Got $1 added to my account. Not bad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.