Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2mikey

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Ugh. I gave this Modal folio case a chance after returning my Logitech folio case which I also didn't like. Anyways, just like the Logitech the iPad snaps into place which isn't my ideal way of doing things but I gave it a shot.

No good. I don't care for the overly tight snap fit but the real killer is how the volume buttons end up covers by the case which then situated its own volume buttons over the ones on the iPad. The issue is that the volume buttons end up being pressed by the case and you end up muted when you didn't want to be. Poor design. Why didn't they leave that area open so you could just press the actual buttons instead of their button coverings? Meh.

Oh yeah, the tiny tab and slot that gets used to fold and hold the case in a good table viewing angle is too small and is hard to engage. It doesn't stay and collapsed on me once while reading a website at my kitchen table.

This thing is going back to Best Buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.