Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderguy84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
I know that you can import photos from a SD Card using the add-on adapter. My question is the reverse. Can you take photos from the photos app and put them on an SD Card? I would probably use this function much more than importing, and is a dealbreaker on buying it or not.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I know that you can import photos from a SD Card using the add-on adapter. My question is the reverse. Can you take photos from the photos app and put them on an SD Card? I would probably use this function much more than importing, and is a dealbreaker on buying it or not.

We won't know until the camera kit comes out. Or until Apple releases some documentation.

spiderguy84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
Just chatted with an CSR and said the iPad would only be able to IMPORT from an SD Card and not export. Glad I asked before I spent the $. Seems a bit of a waste to me. I don't know about anyone else, but it is much more of a sell-point to export straight to SD Card. Of course that is me speaking as someone using something that has a Camera on it, so it may be a moot point when using something that only has photos from stuff you had to import in from a different source anyways.

SDP81

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2010
Ipad Exports

Hi. This is the easiest. When you connect your ipad to your computer, your computer treats it as a camera.
So you can go to My computer, double click on the icon ipad and access all your pics directly which you can then export from your ipad. :cool:

Dapper

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
Hi. This is the easiest. When you connect your ipad to your computer, your computer treats it as a camera.
So you can go to My computer, double click on the icon ipad and access all your pics directly which you can then export from your ipad. :cool:

Thanks so much, I deleted from the SD card in error and needed them on another medium. I should have remembered this! :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia

Including RAW formats as well?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I was wondering why you'd need to export photos from the iPad.

I can't speak for the OP, but maybe one would want to save photos off the internet and then place them on a storage device.

doberman211

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
Canada
WHAT??? you can't export? damn it! all that for nothing! my harddrive died and i "expected" it to be as easy as click and drag to get them again. just ********** great.

doberman211

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
Canada
yes i have. i've plugged in the 40$ pice of crap and it does absolutely nothing but import. and yes i am doing it right. cant wait for the next ipad and their apparent USB... i doubt that though.

Kauai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2010
yes i have. i've plugged in the 40$ pice of crap and it does absolutely nothing but import. and yes i am doing it right. cant wait for the next ipad and their apparent USB... i doubt that though.

I believe they are talking about connecting the iPad directly to your computer, not the camera kit.

redfox435cat

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2013
CA
Why would you want to export? Seriously, someone asked that? How about you wanna push a photo someone that your iPad isn't synced to and doesn't have an internet connection, ya know in the field? How about simple file transfers, I'm always needing to download a file and then transfer it to another computer, this would make it too darn useful for anybody making laptops forever useless. Like I have my homework on my e-mail, download the word doc transfer that to a work computer that I don't have internet access to. Ya know if they put a micro sd slot built into the damn things they would own the market on tablets.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
WHAT??? you can't export? damn it! all that for nothing! my harddrive died and i "expected" it to be as easy as click and drag to get them again. just ********** great.

So you are mad because you did not do your homework!

This is an Applke device and you should know by now that they only do what Apple wants them to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.