Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyparrot

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Too bad I missed the Potomac Town Center shipment. That is much closer for me, though I hate going there because it is very inaccessible for people with disabilities.

I forgot to say that the sea turtle link is what helped me today! Thanks to whoever posted that.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
did anyone can order store pickup for 5S in last few days?

I've tried but each time I go to pickup a gold T-mobile in store pickup and get to the purchase page and make the purchase it changes to unavailable. I'm very fast but still can't get through the process even though I'm already logged on with credit info stored.

I cant use express because it goes to default shipping only and not the pickup at store I chose.

WiseGuyMac

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Please do not post the link to this website - as it could get shut down. PM if you want the link.

Whoops, too late. The site has received a DMCA takedown notice from Apple's legal department. Guess we're all stuck using Apple's UI to get our daily frustration. :(

Bowsa2511

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Whoops, too late. The site has received a DMCA takedown notice from Apple's legal department. Guess we're all stuck using Apple's UI to get our daily frustration. :(

Yeah the old one, hence why we're saying not to publicly post the link to the functioning one :p

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Do not trust this reservation system. It has said no gold iPhones for 29 freakin days now. So I finally went into the store, asked for gold and they had them in stock not showing up on the reservation system. I asked was this a new shipment he said no been here 2 hours.

Actually you do want to trust it but I would call the store or go in, not just relying what the website says. Worked for me twice now.

If you guys call your apple store just ask nicely and they will tell you their stock quantity.

Bowsa2511

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Do not trust this reservation system. It has said no gold iPhones for 29 freakin days now. So I finally went into the store, asked for gold and they had them in stock not showing up on the reservation system. I asked was this a new shipment he said no been here 2 hours.

Actually you do want to trust it but I would call the store or go in, not just relying what the website says. Worked for me twice now.

If you guys call your apple store just ask nicely and they will tell you their stock quantity.

This and the fact that the contract in-store pickup, and the "store inventory'" are separate. For example is a store has 3 "In-store pickup units", and no "ground floor" units, they can't sell you the in-store pickup ones, unless you do the order online.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
This and the fact that the contract in-store pickup, and the "store inventory'" are separate. For example is a store has 3 "In-store pickup units", and no "ground floor" units, they can't sell you the in-store pickup ones, unless you do the order online.
Which is retarded.

I swear getting a gold 5s device only on Verizon was the hardest iPhone I've ever had to get by far. At least ill be better prepared for the next iPhone release

Bowsa2511

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Which is retarded.

I swear getting a gold 5s device only on Verizon was the hardest iPhone I've ever had to get by far. At least ill be better prepared for the next iPhone release

Yeah, it's to give the people who are actually gonna get it on contract and not resell it have a guaranteed chance of getting one without having to make the trip to the Apple Store and leave disappointed. The system worked for me, got my AT&T 32 Gold 5s Yesterday!! :D

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Finally worked here in MN! For a few minutes the MOA had a full stock of ATT. Just picked it up and am restoring from backup!

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Congrats! Did they make you activate at the store?

Yes they did. I asked them if they could just leave it sealed in the box and they said no, several times, that it had to be activated. It's weird as I have purchased iPhones from BB a couple times before and they left them sealed up in the box. Doesn't matter. I was able to backup my old phone before they activated the new one and amazingly, only one text came in before I wiped the phone and restored from iCloud. :D

Love the phone so much. Now I need to decide if I want to keep the Space Gray iPad Air or return it for the Silver version. I just love the white/silver. Just not sure how my eyes will adjust to a white border around the screen. Have always had black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.