Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Do you have any recommended specs for this, mate? Because it slowed down my Albook 1.67 like hell. I'm not ruling out a placebo effect, but it feels far more responsive now that I restored the stock leopard UI. Haven't noticed a difference on my g5 though.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Do you have any recommended specs for this, mate? Because it slowed down my Albook 1.67 like hell. I'm not ruling out a placebo effect, but it feels far more responsive now that I restored the stock leopard UI. Haven't noticed a difference on my g5 though.

If I am correct, there should be 0 performance difference. It just is replacing images with newer ones from ML.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California

You are the 1st person to notify of this since it came out last summer we could always just write it down as a placibo effect

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
See? What did i say? The mods came, they saw and they conquered. Hate it when they don't even have the decency to explain their actions. But whatever.

Found the issue. It looks like my PB is overheating. Not enough to shut down, but enough to throttle. Which i reckon is the cause of the slowdowns.

Previous comment retracted. There are no performance issues with this theme and the G4.

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
It is not really a big deal.

This is what is happening, I am using ichat. And the icons that we are using on the theme is the iMessage icon am I right?

When I press command-tab if I have an unread message on iChat the icon on the screen appears jagged and low res, the badge for unread is just ok. I think the resource file that is used for the unread is different than the one that is being used when normally?

Also the dashboard icon which is currently on the theme is the launchpad icon if I drag it from Application folder to the dock it changes to the original dashboard icon.

@Aqua, can you point me to the location of the ichat icon when there is an unread message?

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Mountain Leopard

Bump...
I just want everyone to know that this theme, for PPC Leopard is the best thing that has happened to Leopard since Apple dropped support for PPC systems.
Many thanks to AquaDock for making this available.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Like the posts above, I would like to reiterate that the theme really makes leopard new again. It is amazing what this update makes the OS feel like. Psychologically, it is uplifting to use my G5's again. I am using them at work again, the job that pays the bills, for quite a bit of work (granted in a more limited capacity than the Mac Pros). Great job and the theme is very comprehensive. Looks great and feels even better when running it on the Quads.

Anywhere to donate for the theme? It is worth some cash for your hard work.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sweet! I've been looking for this! Cant wait for a Mavericks one!
Honestly, there's no real difference graphics-wise between ML and Mavericks. Other than those stupid little label balls in the Name header in Finder windows I see nothing different visually.

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Mountain Leopard

Overall it was a pretty good theme, but the things that were really annoying to me were a.) the uninstaller is misleading, it makes it look like it is just re-installing the theme when in fact it is not b.) the dock doesn't display the changed icons, even with a killall Dock command, so you have to remove everything from your dock and put it back again, and the trash doesn't change icons c.) the un-installer does not remove all icons from the system. It doesn't remove the changed dashboard icon. Luckily, I have my HD on a backup, so I just copied dashboard back to my applications folder and fixed the unchanged icon. But I understand that this was a ton of work to make, so it's pretty cool that you can just put something together like that! Everything will have it's defects, but this is a pretty cool theme.

Honestly, there's no real difference graphics-wise between ML and Mavericks. Other than those stupid little label balls in the Name header in Finder windows I see nothing different visually.

The side dock is a very different shade of gray, almost like that of Tiger's dock

Last edited:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
AQUADock made a great theme for PPC users. Without it we would be stuck with 10.5 feeling. While the uninstaller can be tricky to comprehend, it does its job and that is all that matters. I want to thank AQUADock for putting this together!

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Anyone having an issue with spacers between Sys Pref and the App folder? Bugs me a little :(

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 170

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Anyone having an issue with spacers between Sys Pref and the App folder? Bugs me a little :(

Isn't that just the separator between the folder/trashcan side of the dock and the app side? I could be wrong, but look at the traditional Leopard dock:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 143

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I meant separators. Those lines to separate them. Bugs me with that huge gap!

I put a blank space because the Leopard separator looked out of place and I couldn't get the ML separator to look right.

And to everyone thanks for your comments, ill eventually get to making a Mavericks update with updated icons and so on.

Last edited:

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I put a blank space because the Leopard separator looked out of place and I couldn't get the ML separator to look right.

And too everyone thanks for your comments, ill eventually get to making a Mavericks update with updated icons and so on.

Any chance of getting Mavericks new vertical dock? :)

Ld27

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
I installed the theme using the installer, and it seems to finish ok, says install successful and logs me out.
Then I log back in, but there is no change.
What am I doing wrong?
I am running Leopard 10.5.8.
Thanks
Len

Dr0ster

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2014
Sweden
Installed the theme on my G5, and it works great! :) The theme even got those small corners of the windows! Thx! :)

I installed the theme using the installer, and it seems to finish ok, says install successful and logs me out.
Then I log back in, but there is no change.
What am I doing wrong?
I am running Leopard 10.5.8.
Thanks
Len

Have ju updated everything? I mean, run Software Update?

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Ive decided i will make a Yosemite version, im working on it now. Ill post preview screenshots soon.
Edit: I just realised that i need 10.6 to use a specific app and I don't have a computer that can run it, I'll make a tutorial instead.

Last edited:

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Ive decided i will make a Yosemite version, im working on it now. Ill post preview screenshots soon.
Edit: I just realised that i need 10.6 to use a specific app and I don't have a computer that can run it, I'll make a tutorial instead.

Major kudos - it'll be interesting to see how you get around the blurred dock & system fonts, that's where I decided to call it a day ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.