Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
I use an app called "Downloads" that lets me save files to it. Basically a browser with storage space. Comes in handy when I want to download an mp3 or image, etc to my iPhone/iPad.

Does anyone know of a very good one? Particularly one redesigned for iOS7. This Downloads app I use doesn't get alot of updates and I'm kind of bored with it. Here's the link to it:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downloads-downloader-download/id343307433?mt=8

Woodlandstar

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2013
I'm in the same boat as you. Used downloads for a long time, but it has a few issues with iOS7.
What I likes most about downloads is, if you left it on the download screen, it wouldn't lock the device until the download has finished.

The best ones I've found so far as as follows...

Total Downloader (by App ideas)
Only one I've found with proper background downloading, so even when device is locked it will download. I'm not sure about the interface though, and the app icon is monstrous!

iDownloader (by apps4stars)
Again a crap icon, but ticks most of the boxes. Device doesn't lock when downloading stuff too.

Downloads (by LS Apps)
Probably the nicest looking all round, and the app icon is ok. This locks the device after a while though, so no leaving downloads running until completion :(

----------

Downloader was good also, as can play avi and other formats not supported by native iOS.
Out of the above ones I mentioned only Total Downloader has this ability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.