Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2013
'merica
Forgive me if this has already been covered, the search is down at the moment.

I've been using Mavericks for months, since the second developer release, and am just now running into this. For years I've been used to the traditional single "Login.keychain" being created in each user account. Now with iCloud Keychain there are two default keychains where useful info can reside.

When creating a new user account in Mavericks a login.keychain and local items.keychain are both created. If iCloud Keychain is enabled the local items.keychain changes to iCloud.keychain. Both of their passwords are by default sync'd to the user account password, behaving similarly to the old standard login.keychain on new Mac installations with the exception of password changes. These appear to be broken.

Anyone else have any experience with this yet? It appears that you have to update the passwords for each through Keychain Access, they don't appear to be changing properly when changed through System Preferences > Users & Groups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.