Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
For anyone wanting the official 4.4 icons, I have downloaded and pulled out all the app images for KitKat and then resized them to the correct aspect ratio's in Photoshop CS6 (all are now 144x144 pixels) and uploaded them to MediaFire for anyone to get access to.

What I want to know is, who in the fracking world approved these app icons to go out in 4.4, ranging in size from 92x92 to 144x144 to 192x192 (and there are even some really weird app ratio's in there as well)???? I don't understand how this can be approved. If it was just status bar icons that are already to tiny to discern 1 or 2 pixel differences I could understand, but my god, 100 pixels (squared!) is huge and easily seen by the naked eye!!! Whomever allowed KitKat to go out with icons like this needs to be fired. It's one of those times I wish there was a Steve Jobs in charge of Android development at Google.

Anyway, rant over. Here is the link if you want to download all or just one or two of the icons.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/23g1wc0w11hc2/Official_Android_App_Icons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.