Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
While we grind away on the stuff that pays the bills, we creep in personal projects on the days off. Here is my first personal project in ages. I just want to say thanks for everyone's help here on macrumors forum.

I'm open to feedback to build towards my next personal project, a short 3-5min film.

https://vimeo.com/79126998

shot using:
canon 5dii w/ cinestyle
canon t2i
canon 40mm
takumar 28mm
takumar 55mm
slider (no motor)

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Firstly, the music matched the pictures and your shoots were first class. No take away the information regards what the video is about. I would not have a clue. Your powerful end title says it all.
The only thing missing is the evidence.
Sorry to say I liked you video very much sorry for the negative input.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
shot using:
canon 5dii w/ cinestyle
canon t2i
canon 40mm
takumar 28mm
takumar 55mm
slider (no motor)

Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic but we don't need to know this stuff, it makes it seem as if you feel it's about the equipment and not the skill involved. I guess it's fine if you wrote that so that people can buy the equipment themselves, but other than that, I think we should stop talking about equipment; "you wouldn't ask an author what pencil they used to write a book".

As for the video itself, I thought the video was really good, I'm not normally interested in these kinds of things but that genuinely kept me watching. Great acting as well.

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
gear talk

I agree about the gear talk. I post it so that I don't get asked in a thread later on.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I really enjoyed making this. I am pumped to do a short film in the new year.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic but we don't need to know this stuff, it makes it seem as if you feel it's about the equipment and not the skill involved. I guess it's fine if you wrote that so that people can buy the equipment themselves, but other than that, I think we should stop talking about equipment; "you wouldn't ask an author what pencil they used to write a book".

As for the video itself, I thought the video was really good, I'm not normally interested in these kinds of things but that genuinely kept me watching. Great acting as well.

I disagree.. I like the gear info and it is very typical to see that on Vimeo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.