Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hey all

Over the last few months Mail on my 2013 MBA (under both ML and Mavericks) has been experiencing a lot of problems. These usually happen when I search for something (e.g a persons name or a title word etc). Mail becomes unresponsive and I usually have to force quit. When I repoen the app, it fails to show any of my mail, and the only thing that gets the app back working again is a full MBA restart.

I was wondering if this was common problem? And how I can fix it?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hey all

Over the last few months Mail on my 2013 MBA (under both ML and Mavericks) has been experiencing a lot of problems. These usually happen when I search for something (e.g a persons name or a title word etc). Mail becomes unresponsive and I usually have to force quit. When I repoen the app, it fails to show any of my mail, and the only thing that gets the app back working again is a full MBA restart.

I was wondering if this was common problem? And how I can fix it?

Try this. Quit Mail then open Finder and hit shift-command-g (all three keys at once) then paste in the path below and enter. Look in that folder for three files that begin with Envelope and delete all three.

Now restart Mail then go to every inbox/folder one at a time and select it then go to the Mailbox menu and click Rebuild. Do this for every folder.

See if that helps.

Code:
~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.