Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
What are some good games that really show off the graphical prowess of the iPad Air?

I hate to break up the complaining party.....

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
The prettiest would probably be Infinity Blade 3 but I refuse to spend 6$ on a tap and swipe game no matter how pretty it is.

If you like racing games, Asphalt 8 is a pretty good looking game and free.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
The prettiest would probably be Infinity Blade 3 but I refuse to spend 6$ on a tap and swipe game no matter how pretty it is.

If you like racing games, Asphalt 8 is a pretty good looking game and free.

Agreed, waiting on that one to go on sale.

aleXXXps

macrumors member
May 4, 2011
I've been playing Bards Tale, Bastion and Device 6. Waiting on Oceanhorn to come out and eventually want to pick up some of the Final Fantasies such as Tactics. Infinity Blade is cool, but got old fast. I'll pick it up during an inevitable holiday sale.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Oceanhorn. Came out last night. Zelda clone for iPad. Pretty awesome so far.

5 star review on TouchArcade

I agree with Dead Trigger 2 and Asphalt 8 above. DT2 is actually a very nice approach to FPS by having it auto-fire when crosshairs hit target. I like that dumbed down approach for mobile.

Real Racing 3 might be good too, but I refuse to reward IAP abuse in the same way I refuse to reward tantrums with my children.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, more commonly known as GOF2 HD
Badland
Infinity Blade2
Heroes of Order & Chaos
Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders
Osmos

Aetherhole

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2009
Tustin, CA
Infinity Blade 3 looks great, but I am more impressed by the clarity of Galaxy on Fire 2 and even N.O.V.A. 3. Those look even more impressive to me than IB3.

Other recommendations, depending on your playstyle, are Asphalt 8, Kingdom Rush, Osmos HD, Real Racing 3.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I've become hopelessly addicted to Clash of Clans. May not push the graphical limits of the iPad Air, but it runs great and is pretty fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.