Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JollyJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Hi all
I'm trying to get my iPhone 4 to IOS 6.1.3 since 7 cripples any iPhone under the 4S.
I'm having many troubles but the main error is 3004 and 'The Apple update server cannot be contacted right now' as the restore is being confirmed with Apple.
Things I have tried

iTunes 10.7 and 11.0.1 64bit
Sn0wBreeze firmware download
iTunes 6.1.3 firmware download
Chrome download of IPSW firmware here
Afrihost 1gig account , mWEB uncapped and iPad 3G personal hotspot to see if it was a DNS issue
Turning off the firewall and antivirus
putting the phone in recovery mode and using the recovery option in iTunes where iTunes actually confirms the 6.1.3 update, downloads it and tries to install it.
updating the hosts file with GS.APPLE.COM and the relevant IP address.
Windows 7 and windows 8.1
I don't have any SHSH blobs-not even the IOS 4.3.3 my phone has preinstalled.

It is Jailbroken with Redsn0w.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? I'd appreciate it immensely
This is the point before the error occurs
Hi5B49L.png

This error comes up again and gain
fFsYzyy.png

:confused:

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Don't you need SHSH blobs? You have to use iOS 4 or 7. And the iPhone 4 is the only phone under the 4S with iOS 7. It will run well but only if you erase everything or have a good amount of space.

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
without SHSH blobs, you can't update to any other version except 7.0.4 as of today for an iphone 4

you can use iFaith (windows only) to dump your current 4.3.3 shsh blobs though

JollyJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
As stated, you don't mention having iOS6 complete SHSH saved. Without those your choices are stay where you are or current firmware 7.0.4

Ok well I have an error coming up when trying to install IOS 7.0.4 as well so I don't think that this PC is 100s.

iTunes still tries to download and install IOS 6.1.3 if I click restore whilst in restore mode so I'm a little hesitant to call 6.1.3 a lost cause.

I'm going to try my moms laptop now to see if that makes a difference

Thankyou for your replies.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Ok well I have an error coming up when trying to install IOS 7.0.4 as well so I don't think that this PC is 100s.

iTunes still tries to download and install IOS 6.1.3 if I click restore whilst in restore mode so I'm a little hesitant to call 6.1.3 a lost cause.

I'm going to try my moms laptop now to see if that makes a difference

Thankyou for your replies.

It won't make a difference. The installation won't go through regardless of who's computer you're using if you're trying to restore to 6.1.3

What error are you getting when you install 7.0.4? You need to remove the gs.apple.com line from your hosts file for firmware restores to go through

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.