Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Got a new Mac yesterday that came with the original Apple Pro Mouse. I'm used to using the scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse to scroll, but of course the Apple Pro Mouse does not have this.

But the keyboard and Apple Pro Mouse, original to this Mac are the awesomeness I remember using way back in 2001/2002 at work. So, I did a little light Google digging to find some options to scroll with the mouse.

ClickScroll is what I found. Set it the way you want, modifier keys plus a mouse click, or just a keyboard shortcut and any movement of the mouse becomes scrolling until you use the same shortcut again!

This is great for me because I browse the web in TenFourFox in full screen with no scrollbars.

You can even invert the scrolling direction, which I have done!

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Got a new Mac yesterday that came with the original Apple Pro Mouse. I'm used to using the scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse to scroll, but of course the Apple Pro Mouse does not have this.

But the keyboard and Apple Pro Mouse, original to this Mac are the awesomeness I remember using way back in 2001/2002 at work. So, I did a little light Google digging to find some options to scroll with the mouse.

ClickScroll is what I found. Set it the way you want, modifier keys plus a mouse click, or just a keyboard shortcut and any movement of the mouse becomes scrolling until you use the same shortcut again!

This is great for me because I browse the web in TenFourFox in full screen with no scrollbars.

Genius! Ive hated that mouse, might not buy a mighty mouse if that works.. Ive been borrowing one for a few months would like to return it so this might be my solution! Until I get bluetooth on my G5!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Genius! Ive hated that mouse, might not buy a mighty mouse if that works.. Ive been borrowing one for a few months would like to return it so this might be my solution! Until I get bluetooth on my G5!
It works. Just paid my $12 for it. Functions just fine on Leopard 10.5.8!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
What Mac did you get? :D
I made a trade with RedCroissant for a PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 2002. It's a 733mhz model that has been upgraded to 1.2Ghz with a 2mb L3 cache. 1.25GB ram.

I added a dual layer burner, a USB 2.0/FW 400 PCI card and a ATI Rage 128 video card for a second display.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011

I did not know that something like this even existed! Too bad it's shareware! I guess it'll be Control + click for me, you know...FOREVER!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Well, I didn't know either. But I always figure that if I have an issue, someone else out there has probably tried to solve it already. So, I always do a Google search for my "problem" based on that assumption. If I'm wrong, I'm not any worse off than I was. But, if I'm right, well…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.