Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
Hi guys, ok so i now have tiger on my mac mini but am unable to get leopard onto it. I have booted to openfirmware and tried running the devalias command to find "ud" but it's missing from my list. It does show several usb entries though

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Hi guys, ok so i now have tiger on my mac mini but am unable to get leopard onto it. I have booted to openfirmware and tried running the devalias command to find "ud" but it's missing from my list. It does show several usb entries though

You'll get better help in the PowerPC forum than this one.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I've alerted the mods to move it....you can do that via the little red triangle with "!" in it.

Also, depending on the specs of your iMac G4 it may not be possible to load 10.5 without "Leopard Assist" (Google it)

Graeme43

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2006
Great Britain (Glasgow)
Mac Minis can run 10.5.8 no problem :confused: I had it on the familys 1.25ghz basic model with 512 ram

There is a 10.5.8 fully updated image out on the internet that is stripped of intel code if you own 10.5 and looking for a lighter version that might be a bit more snappy :D:apple:

Beware of no classic mode tho

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
Haha, i'll keep my eye out, its going to be running headless as databackup and itunes server. Managed to pick up a 9pin to 6pin firewire cable from PC World for 47p!!! Will be installing tonight so wish me luck!!!

----------

Mac Minis can run 10.5.8 no problem :confused: I had it on the familys 1.25ghz basic model with 512 ram

There is a 10.5.8 fully updated image out on the internet that is stripped of intel code if you own 10.5 and looking for a lighter version that might be a bit more snappy :D:apple:

Funily enough mine is a 1.25 with 512 ram, got an 80gb hdd in it though

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit

I seem to remember prying my case open to put in 1 GB of RAM. No wait. Perhaps I was putting 1 GB in our Intel minis to get Lion working on them. But I thought I'd had the case off of our G4 mini as well. Funny how memory is the first thing to go... What was I talking about again?

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I've upped it to 1gb ram (thought it rude not to) and just trying an install now.... Fingers crossed!!!!

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
HOOORRAAA!!!! it's updated and installed. All working as it should.

I partitioned the HDD into a small partition (10gb) using disk utility when installing 10.3.

Installed 10.3 onto the bigger part.
Mounted the image onto the small partition
Booted from that partition.
Installed as full erase on the big partition.

ALL IS WELL :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.