Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shezza

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
Also interested in this

davidleejet - does it work with audio? I have a friend that received a Bose dock with the lighting male connector but he has an 4S that he would like to dock in it.

We just got a Sony digital radio with lightning dock as a replacement for our damaged 30 pin dock one but our iPods that we use with this are both 30 pin. I would also like to know if this works with audio. The new 8 pin lightning dock does us no good as my iPad mini is our only lightning device.

DrGale

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2013
Bose Sound Deck III HELP!!

Hey, did anyone find a 30 Pin male to 8 Pin female adapter to run my 4th Gen ipod on my Bose Sound Deck III? Right now I am using an adapter in the back but would prefer to use the deck and have the ability to charge with audio for the iPod. My iPhone 5 works perfect, of course, as it is an 8 pin. Leave it to Apple to have no adapter for previous designs as to force product purchase.

Any help?

Craigriver

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Apple eliminated a number of features when implementing Lightning

Hey, did anyone find a 30 Pin male to 8 Pin female adapter to run my 4th Gen ipod on my Bose Sound Deck III? Right now I am using an adapter in the back but would prefer to use the deck and have the ability to charge with audio for the iPod. My iPhone 5 works perfect, of course, as it is an 8 pin. Leave it to Apple to have no adapter for previous designs as to force product purchase.

Any help?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however Apple appears to have decided to change the means of communicating via audio as well as other features when it implemented Lightning connectors. I'm fairly certain that bluetooth was made the primary means of communicating audio (and video?) in lieu of the formerly wired connections.

My basis basis for wanting this connecter was to provide a bridge for an old device - I enjoy the simpler means of connecting my iPad2 for charging. Hope the explanation helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.