Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexjones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Like the ipads, Could it be that the retina MBPs have glue that burns off over time? Also i unchecked enable font smoothing because i am using a scaled resolution of 1680x1050. For some reason the screen looks better. Go figure

channelinspire

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Dallas, TX
Like the ipads, Could it be that the retina MBPs have glue that burns off over time? Also i unchecked enable font smoothing because i am using a scaled resolution of 1680x1050. For some reason the screen looks better. Go figure

Not sure about the glue, but the font smoothing turned off does help with scaled resolutions. Thanks for the tip.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I've noticed that sometimes the color profile on my iMac (under the Displays Preferences) changes randomly on start-up from a calibrated setting to something else. I know it changes because all the colors (particularly the whites) are wrong. To fix, I simply go into the Display preferences and reset it to the correct setting.

Shmanky

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Toronto

Bring your Retina MacBook Pro in to an Apple store and take a photograph with your machine next to another machine to confirm you're not just imagining the loss of yellowing. But I think I understand what you're describing because I experience it too. But it doesn't last.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.