Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
Well, the weird thing is I do have a new number. This number has never been associated with an iPhone. I just texted my Dad and asked him to turn off iMessage on his iPhone 5 and now he can text me. Do iOS users really have to disable that feature in order to text non-iPhone users? Seems odd to me..

i'll bet he's trying to send to your email address

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
i'll bet he's trying to send to your email address

I thought about that but I texted him from my phone and asked him to just reply and it didn't work. I texted my Dad and told him to turn off iMessage and it works now. I find it hard to believe that iOS users have to disable a feature in order to text non-iOS users. Something else must still be wrong. I have iMessage turned off all my devices except my iMac. I don't think there is an iMessage setting on OS X is there?

Shawnr72!

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
I have done all that. I have gone to the apple site and unregistered my old phone. Before I got rid of my old phone i factory reset it. I called apple, at first they wanted me to pay $20 because my iphone 4s was out of warranty. Then when they found that my new phone was not an apple product they put me on hold and disconnected the call...Basically Apple is holding you and your text hostage...use there product or deal with the consequences on your own:mad:
#applethenewterrorists

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.