Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I don't get small bags

Unless I live in a warm climate, I often need my jacket with me. The problem with small bags is that they have trouble holding a jacket. For a guy, small bag looks like a murse so why not carry a bigger bag that can accommodate a jacket and kill two birds with one stone?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Macys' is having a big sale today. I picked up a black leather Samonsite shoulder bag that listed for $200 and all told after discounts came to around $50.

It is really bigger than I would like as it could accomodate a 13" laptop but this thing is real nice looking and has many compartments I can stick things in like the charger and connection wire, the logitech keyboard I have, a pad with whatever tool I want to write with, my IPT5, etc. etc. It really isn't that heavy either.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have had a bunch of man-bags . . .

Several sizes of Timbuk 2 (XS, S, M), sfBags, etc. Most companies ignore the fact that contents are not flat! Sunglasses are all wrap around, the chargers are not flat, etc. So with Timbuk 2, they have lots of flat pockets. Put something in one and then you cannot use the others . . .

So I have 3 going at the moment:
1. For just the iPad and a little stuff: Chrome Vega(kind of flat)
1360098-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2. For iPad three, sunglasses, and some micro 4/3 camera stuff:
Hazard 4 Kato bag. In this photo they have it puffed up a little. This is really nice. Maybe too many compartments, but at least they are useful. And and external sunglass case that works!
1-MSG-KTO-CYT_Front_High_Strap_400px.png

3. For travel, a fun one from Red Oxx. Gator
Red Oxx has the best straps ever!!
91002-2_lg.jpg

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Does anyone have the STM Alley Air? I am looking for a small vertical messenger bag that can hold my iPad Air with a sleeve on, an e-ink Kindle, a cell phone, and a few little things like chargers/cables/earbuds.

http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/laptop-bags/alley-air-small-laptop-shoulder-bag/

I have one of the same style from STM, but sized to fit my Dell Latitude. It also has a slot for iPad. They travel well together. Corp notebook and personal use iPad.

For personal travels. I have a Built branded neoprene iPad messenger.

Entirely different feel. But I give them both 5 stars. Functional and durable. Been using both since 2011 with iPad 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.