Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Many U.S. and Canadian Apple Retail Stores will be opening early on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and the traditional start of the holiday shopping season. Apple had planned to open some stores on Thanksgiving day itself, but CEO Tim Cook cancelled that plan because he wanted employees to be with their families on the holiday.

southpoint_hero_2x.jpg

Shoppers interested in going to Apple Stores as early as possible, on the only day of the year that Apple offers sale prices on its merchandise, should check Apple's Retail Store Locations page where special holiday hours are posted on each store's page. Some locations will be opening as early as 6AM.

Some retail stores in other countries have pop-ups as well, as many countries will see extended holiday hours as we move deeper into the holiday season.

In past years, Apple has offered discounts on iPads, iPods and some Mac models on Black Friday.

Article Link: Many U.S. and Canadian Apple Retail Stores Opening Early for Black Friday Sales

Last edited:

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
17" MacBook Pro? And Canadians celebrate Black Friday? Too bad there won't be any doorbusters at the Apple store. :(

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
Cool, now you can get shot or stampeded to death in front of an apple store!

We'll you guys can get stampeded, I'm too big. But I can still get shot!

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
As if Apple Store's aren't busy enough 100% of the time.

I'll be staying in the comfort of my house for at least 24 hours around Black Friday.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I wish they'd stop this Black Friday crap. It's gotten way out of hand, and it NEVER use to be like this.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Doesn't leave the house on black Friday crew sign in.

Forget the hustle and bustle to save a buck.

Clubber

macrumors member
May 29, 2009
>Apple had planned to open some stores on Thanksgiving day itself, but CEO Tim Cook cancelled that plan because he wanted employees to be with their families on the holiday.

Good for him. I refuse to go Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving in a retail store. There is more important things to life than shopping.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
17" MacBook Pro? And Canadians celebrate Black Friday? Too bad there won't be any doorbusters at the Apple store. :(

This is fairly new for us. The Canadian equivalent of Black Friday has for many years been Boxing Day (December 26), which has slowly crept along to Boxing Week in order to increase the drama and draw people in. Some stores now keep the hype going up into mid-January :rolleyes:

In an effort to also curb the flow of people who travel south of the border to participate in the American Black Friday deals, last year many Canadian stores decided to have their own Black Friday sales. Apparently it was successful, so they're doing it again.

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
Maybe some stores are open on Thanksgiving?

The Bridgeport Village store in Oregon says that it will be open on Thanksgiving from 10am to 8pm. I suspect it is a mistake on Apple's website, or maybe some stores are still planning on opening on Thanksgiving?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Smart move on Tim Cooks part. Every CEO should follow the values he is following. Unfortunately $$$$$ have taken over Family value and common sense. And the sadder part is that the customer pays for all these so called. ' amenities' as it's built into the price

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.