Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I'm not a developer so dont' have access to mountain lion. Can someone who does please tell me if you can change the background of the new notes app? I find the legal pad yellow very distracting, I just want plain black text on a white background :)

DCdavid7

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
No. But plain black text on a white background is exactly what TextEdit does, and it still exists in Mountain Lion.

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
I'm confused, is it a yes or no?

Yes, Link below.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-28%20at%2010.02.55%20AM.png

Edit: Mod here. A simple drag and drop method, repair permissions with Disk Utility afterwards.

Last edited:

robertpolson

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
Cool! Looks much better. As good as it looks, I just can't start using an app that does not have a notes import/export feature.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I just did this and my title bar is white, not dark, and my three (close, min, max) buttons have no color. :(

Just use the backup of the file that you made prior to overwriting it. You do make backups of system files prior to making a changes to them don't you?

DannyGGG

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Just use the backup of the file that you made prior to overwriting it. You do make backups of system files prior to making a changes to them don't you?

Of course I backed up. But restoring the backed up files doesn't solve the problem of having the original yellow Notes background. Does it?

elements79

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
change notes app color in mavericks

1. locate app in finder
  2. right click -> show contents -> look for a file named paper.tiff
  3. open and edit it in a good image editor software, quick preview works perfectly find (in quick preview select tools ->change color Note: i don't know how the option appears in in english, i see them in spanish/español: herramientas-> ajustar color).
  4. save the new file in another folder (to avoid file permissions nightmare).
  5. then drop it inside the app Notes.app/Contents/Resources it should ask for admin permission, insert admin password. done
  6. start or restart the app and... voilá! it worked (with photoshop) for me

hope it works
greetings from the basque country people

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.