Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
On my 5S, whenever I get a call, quite frequently the phone will not unlock and answer the call. I madly swipe a dozen times but it doesn't respond to my touches and end up missing the call. This is starting to become a major problem.

Does anybody know anything about this or have any workaround/fixes? The nearest Apple store is hours away. Do you think my phone is bad?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Troubleshoot in the following order:

1. Reboot the iPhone.
2. Restore it from a backup
3. Restore as new (backup might be corrupted)
4. Get it swapped out at the Apple Store

Tobias Funke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2012
My iPhone 5 started to do it right after ios7 update.

You have to put your finger right onto the white arrow to swipe!!

Anywhere else and it doesn't swipe!

Its very annoying compared to how it was before.

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I have this same problem too. I have to swipe it a few times for it to register and take the call. Not all the time but it's annoying when it happens.

Mindy60

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
Houston, TX USA
On my 5S, whenever I get a call, quite frequently the phone will not unlock and answer the call. I madly swipe a dozen times but it doesn't respond to my touches and end up missing the call. This is starting to become a major problem.

Does anybody know anything about this or have any workaround/fixes? The nearest Apple store is hours away. Do you think my phone is bad?

It isn't just this for me, the screen isn't responsive when I have an alarm go off and have to touch the screen 2 or 3 times. Touching the mic isn't responsive. Why just today wifi connectivity wasn't working. The fix for me is to shut down the phone and turn it on again. That always works. Shutting down is necessary every once in awhile.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Ive had the same problem and found that a shorter swipe seems to be the ticket to it unlocking the first time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.