Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
I created an album to separate some of my pics. If I try to delete the picture from the camera roll, it says it will delete it from everywhere. Is there a way to move the pic to the new album and delete that same pic in the camera roll so it's only in one spot? It kind of defeats the purpose of creating another album if you can't move the pics to the new album and still have them in 2 places :confused:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I created an album to separate some of my pics. If I try to delete the picture from the camera roll, it says it will delete it from everywhere. Is there a way to move the pic to the new album and delete that same pic in the camera roll so it's only in one spot? It kind of defeats the purpose of creating another album if you can't move the pics to the new album and still have them in 2 places :confused:
You can't do what you want on stock iOS. There are a couple of tweaks that will allow you to do this if you are jailbroken, but you have to jailbreak of course.

This is Apple's messed up way of looking at photo albums. In Apple's world, albums are simply logical pointers to photos and not actual albums. This supposedly makes it easier to find the photos in your camera roll. Thus deleting the pointer, deletes the photo wherever else it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.